Donnerstag, Dezember 28, 2006

Short update... again.

Well since I am not migrainey anymore I am out living not posting on a blog... well at least sort of living.

I got a new camera for Christmas, therefore the next post will be picture happy goodness. I will also be taking a ton of photos.

The holidays were okay... some good and bad. Ima Gene, my great-aunt, died on Christmas day. I only met her once at the family reunion but I found her to be such a nice and funny lady that I basically hung out with her the whole time. I have a really great photo of her that I need to find, make a copy of and give to my grandmother. Ima Gene was 85 and died because her kidneys leaked toxins in her blood. My grandmother was really upset about Ima Gene, cause Ima Gene was only 10 years older than my grandmother and used to watch my mom, aunt and uncle when my grandmother needed to run errands or work.

My family drew names this year for presents. I drew Dave which is my aunt's husband and generally a complete asshole. Never talks to the family, etc. I crocheted him a dark grey scarf and gave him a bottle of Chilean wine. He loved it, I mean he genuinely like it. I was surprised.

My mother and sister are both trying to hook me up with guys... *sigh* my reply to them was that I'm sorry but I am kinda wanting to date this other guy and not interested. Which of course now the family wants to meet him.

Speaking of the guy, I spent the last snow storm at his house actually. He invited me and another friend over and we hung out and then I crashed on his couch. The next day (I was feeling sick because I discovered I am way more lactose intolerant than I thought) I went to get out to my car, dug it out, treid to drive it, got stuck. So I spent 20-30 min trying to dig my own car out. Couldn't get it. "Well maybe if he gives me a push I can get out" I thought. I knocked on his door and he came out and spent a full hour digging my car out. He is such a sweetheart. And even after all that, he invited me back to his place that evening. We and a couple of friends hung out some more.

I think I may pounce on him when he gets back from time with his family in a couple of days.

My dad's side of the family Christmas was good, the least stressful I have had in years. I got the camera and a card game called Killer Bunnies. Dad also found this game called Feds 'N' Heads which we copied and I can bring that to game night. Food was good and my grandmother started asking about "the guy I wanted to invite over for Thanksgiving" and which Howard was like "I can read people, so you should bring him over sometime" so Howard can size him up. So... both sides of the family want to meet the guy that I haven't even kissed, I don't know what is going on...

Anyway with any guy there must be a 6 month rule before either person meets family or is dragged to family functions. If anything ever happens with this guy, which I am not even sure since I have never gotten a definate answer either way from him but he isn't a avoiding me or stopped talking to me so I think it's a good sign.

Well I should head out, I need to get food before the next big storm moves in.

Keine Kommentare: