Freitag, Dezember 29, 2006

I keep dreaming about vampires... probably because I read a bit of Bram Stoker's Dracula each night before bed.

Okay Dracula had a moustache... why is the detail missed in EVERY picture, movie, etc. about Drac? I still can't quite get over it, I need to see a Drac with a moustache to get the full visual.

"Within, stood a tall old man, clean shaven save for a long white moustache, and clad all in black from head to foot, without a single speck of colour about him."

To me this makes Dracula seem hmm... friendlier... like a little old grandpa vampire.. then again I am not that far into the book.

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I think it's because mustaches are kind of... Are either associated with gays or stuffy right-wing politicians.

Dracula just likes to drink blood and have freaky sex, right?

Anonym hat gesagt…

Considering the age in which Dracula was set and the time in which it was written, facial hair was far more a symbol of the aristocracy and manhood than of old age. It's only from our modern perspective that a long white moustache would cause one to be considered docile or kindly.

D4NIEL hat gesagt…

All bow to Ben, supreme master of socio-political facial hair history.