Sonntag, November 19, 2006

Egg Nog Chai = Spiffy

I got chai from Brewing Market this morning because I only got 3 hours of sleep. It's really good. I also got a really good like cranberry raisen cinammon bagel. Spiffy is such a neato word, daddio. Sorry, like I said, three hours of sleep.

Anyway last night and we had it at my place. This gave me the excuse to go massive cleaning on the place. Arwen is going to come home (she was in LA doing her taping for Wheel of Fortune this week) and wonder a) why the kitchen looks really pretty nice and b) why my room is as clean, if not cleaner, than it was for 4th of July and c) why settlers of catan is on the dinning room table. I need to have people over more often so that it will remain this clean but I will try my best to keep it that way anyway. The only things I havent done are scrubbed my bathtub, vaccumed the rest of the house and mopped the kitchen. Anyway the second bookshelf and moving my bed have really helped in organizing my room better. I will try and coax my camera to work and take some photos. I will also upload photos of the boys having a pissing contest-- I mean battling their forces after the game was over because well... they wanted to see who was better. Oh and by "they" I mean Matt and Chewy.

Let me go back to Thursday night. Matt and hung out for a while, we went to the game store on Arapahoe which was having it's "new game Thursday". I had been to this game store once before but it was pretty empty and Chewy and I were just having a look around while we waited for the other gamers to call one aternoon. So Matt and I introduced ourselves to the owner. I let Matt do most of the talking since I fairly noob at the whole board game lingo. The guy showed us around, we turn the corner and there were a bunch of RPGers (role playing gamers) playing a game, all male, and upon entering the room all the guys turn and give the "Oh my god, its a girl!!" look. It was a little awkward for me but I enjoyed it. I've been to enough geeky things... conventions of all sorts, meetings, classes, etc where being female is an odd thing and they are shocked. My fav is video games gatherings in which they go "what do you know?... you are just a girl... girls don't play video games..." and then I proceed to kick their asses. Anyway I stuck close to Matt as we wandered and talked with people. We left to go get dinner and were laughing in the car about "attacking the darkness" since we are not RPGers. We almost stopped into another game/comic book store but it was closed. Matt said he wouldn't have the nerve to go in the store unless I was there, I have the shock "girl" disabler for gamers. We went to Thunderbird and I struck up a coversation with one of the workers who lived in South Africa (honestly I have been craving a good Aussie burger lately, pineapple & beet... mmm). Matt and I talked about RPGers and games, etc. etc. It was fun.

So anyway we played games at my place on Saturday, I started to get a migraine about halfway through a round of Dracula which really sucked because Matt had do the thinking for the both us. Matt was super sweet after the game though when I had to get gas and whatnot.

Keine Kommentare: