Freitag, Januar 14, 2005

Nifty places on campus and other random quips

I was looking at pictures of my crush....I seriously said out loud, "Wow. He is so fucking adorable." *sigh* And alas most likely unobtainable. Damn. I hope not but I fear the worst.

I keep meaning to tell this story and I am reminded as I walk to class...so finally I remebered when I came back so I shall tell it....

I have Cart 1 this semester and it is Guggenheim Geography building. I had never been in the building (well except once in the office) until this semester. The building has long set of steps that leads up to it (made of sandstone....I am such a geek). When you walk in, there is an atrium and then past it, a set of staris with old wooden banisters. My class starts at 11 so when you walk in the sunlight hits the stairs in this very picturesc manner. I love to feel the smooth wooden basisters under my hand as I walk up the stairs, they are like the big beefy banisters like at the Tattered Cover. And, since I am addicted my Ipod, I am listening to music as I walk into the builidng. To me it's all very moving. This building is so old and cool. There are plants in the window and it's all very nice.

I think part of the reason I like it so much is because the Geology building, albeit like insanely cool with all the neat samples and the atrium we have, it is new. When I think of Geology buildings what is usually congured in my mind is an old building like Guggenheim and it really struck me the first time I walked in. I need to visit the "old" geology building and see what it is like.

I love Norlin too for some of the same reasons. I've spent quite a few hours up in the stacks studying. I have an affinity for the upper level of the stacks (3B?), it is really cool to tuck yourself away in endless rows of books and study. I also like the large room with all the old tables.

Walking around campus is so much fun, I love to people watch in the hustle and bustle of you and minds going off to class and presumably learn. I sort of chuckle to myself when I notice things happening to the beat of the music I am listening to as well. To me it's better than a music video.

And sunshine, I have written so much on how I love the sun shining. I am pretty happy that I haven't had too much hassle with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) this year. I get it to some degree, it was pretty bad over the summer when it was cloudy for two weeks but ina weird way it reminded me of Sydney, Australia, which was happy.

Holocaust class was pretty depressing today (we watched the film "Night and Fog"). But luckily I had my Experimental Physics class afterwards which was really fun. My professor (Chuck Rogers) is funny as hell. I am so glad I am taking the class this semester. He was cracking jokes and making funny voices. I spent most of the class time laughing. I kinda hope that he is going to be teaching Physics 2 in the fall....that'd be sweet! Plus we have no exams or midterms in the class, AND he wants to bring in guest lectures so that we can meet people in fields we want to go into. Travis (Physics guy) walked me back to Sewall again after class, we talked mostly about anime. It was nice of him to walk with me.

Well off to do duty rounds and finish up a b-day present ;)

Current Mood: Good! Hoping to be even happier....
Current Music: You Know So Well - Sondre Lerche (...use every chance you've been given, she replied, after several days....)

1 Kommentar:

Amesie hat gesagt…

I am totally with you on the old buildings thing. I want to live in the tattered cover. :) And the music thing too. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am the only one that can the music so as to not start laughing out loud and looking totally insane.....hehe. Miss you steppi!